Yes, we know it’s only just September, but the festive season will be here before you know it. We’ll be the first to admit that mentioning the c-word at this point in the year is not something most people are happy to hear, but if you want to make your Corporate Christmas Party an event to remember, now is the time to start planning.
So with that in mind, here’s are our top 7 tips for planning the perfect corporate Christmas party.
- Plan early. If it’s your first time planning the work Christmas party, you might feel a bit overwhelmed. The first place to start is by setting the date. It takes time to find a date that everyone can agree on, especially if there’s a lot of people – and with the best locations getting booked up early, you’ll need to start your planning now to get the perfect venue for your party. Pick a date then stick to it. Let your guests know with as much notice as possible – the more notice you give, the more guests are likely to turn up and the more memorable your party will be.
- Choose the right date. Don’t plan your party too close to Christmas. There’s a good chance that some of your employees will take a couple of additional days leave before the official Christmas break and that could leave you light on numbers for the big event. Instead, try to hold your office festivities at least a week before Christmas. Weeknight parties work particularly well because your guests will already be in the office, making it easy to hot-foot it out of the office to start the party early. Just don’t expect too much productivity the next day…
- Choose a location. We’re biased, obviously, but don’t just take our word for it when we say that The Chapel Bar is the perfect place to hold your corporate event. We’ve had loads of great reviews on platforms such as TripAdvisor. Here’s what BlondeInTheBigWorld had to say.
- Send out invites. While most guests are invited to office Christmas parties in company-wide meetings or via a simple email, we think it’s best to set the tone of your party early on with a proper invite to your guests. Use an online tool like Canva for an easy but gorgeous invite or get your in-house design team to put together a special image for company employees to make them feel you’ve made an extra effort.
- Arrange catering. Your choice of location will determine the budget and selection of catering options on offer. Choosing us as the venue for your soiree (which we’re confident you will, right?) means you’ll have a wide selection of great catering options open to you while our late license means your staff will be able to party on until the wee hours. From canapes and bowl food to buffets and formal dining, we’ve got a menu that will tantalise your taste buds and suit your pocket, so download our Christmas 2016 brochure now and get in touch to find out about availability and book before it’s too late.
- Decorate the space. The Chapel Bar looks great at any time of year but Christmas is when it really comes into its own. We’ll have all of the classic festive decorations in place and we’re more than happy to help you with any unique touches to make your employees slip into the Christmas spirit more easily. Whatever you want to bring to your event, from candy canes to mistletoe, we’ll make sure it’s put up in pride of place.
- Turn on the music. All that’s left is to choose your music, get your groove on and let us handle the rest