Those readers who are Fawlty Towers fans will be as amazed as we are to realise that there were only 12 episodes ever made! The characterisation is so strong that it feels as if there must have been many series over several years. One of the strengths of the series is that many of us can identify at least in some small way with the lead character, Basil Fawlty. He often means well but things usually go very wrong leading to chaos and misunderstanding all round.
One of the many memorable moments is when he tries to organise a Gourmet Evening. His idea is to experiment doing something a bit out of the ordinary, something to bring a “touch of class” to Torquay. Unfortunately his innate sense of snobbery leads him to go about things all the wrong way and he ends up alienating the very clientele that he is so desperate to attract.
At The Chapel Bar we are proud to offer something out of the ordinary when it comes to venues for hire in Islington, not as an experiment but just because that’s what we are. We delight in hosting private parties and corporate events and promise you no drama or chaos!
Here are five ways in which we can add a touch of class to your special event – without the Fawlty faux pas:
- You will have exclusive use of either one or both floors of our stylish premises. Whether you prefer the ground floor Saloon Bar, the first floor Terrace Room, or both – they’re all yours! You won’t be squashed into a corner while other guests take priority; YOU are our priority.
- Both our bars are fully stocked with an excellent range of fine wines, craft beers, premium spirits and – of course – our renowned cocktails. Our expert bartenders won’t misunderstand when your guests ask for a Screwdriver! Ask for anything and we will do our very best to make it happen.
- Our food is delicious! You have a choice of options including canapés, finger food, snacks, buffets and sit down meals. Our staff are courteous and efficient, we promise you there will be no complaints!
- We can tailor the decor and layout to meet your requirements. No rickety antlers in the hallway or amateur portraits for sale here! We will work with you to create the ambience that you need for your event.
- If you want entertainment for your event then we are very well-equipped to arrange that for you. For example, if dancing is your thing we have a large dedicated dance floor complete with professional lighting and sound equipment, and we can either hire a DJ for you or you can bring your own. Of course if you would prefer Manuel’s guitar and Polly’s singing then we will do our best to oblige!
Do come and visit us at The Chapel Bar to see our facilities for yourself and meet our friendly and helpful staff. Why not get in touch today? We would love to host your party or corporate event. We guarantee a touch of class and will do our very best to make it a memorable event – for all the right reasons!